Who's Who - help
Internal and public version
In the Who's Who, a strict distinction is made between the internet version, which is visible to all users, and the intranet version, which requires logging in.
If you click "Who's who" at the top of the screen, you will be taken to the internet version of the Who's Who directory, recognizable by the blue internet banner:
Under the blue banner to the right, you will find "intranet version". If you click this, you will be taken to the intranet version of the Who's Who directory, recognizable by the orange intranet banner:
The intranet version shows more details than the internet version. For more information, see Who's Who – information and modifications.
Dutch and English version
The Who's Who directory is available in English as well as in Dutch. At the top right of the screen (just under the banner), you will find the link "Nederlandse versie". If you click this, you will be taken to the Dutch version of Who’s Who.
Searching Who’s Who
Search by name
The search boxes "Surname" and "First name" allow you to search by person’s name:
- using the "Surname" search box you can search by (the start of) the
- official surname
- name used in publications
- using the "First name" search box you can search by (the start of) the
- official first name
- preferred name
- case (‘janssens’ and ‘Janssens’ will return the same results)
- spaces (‘De Smet’ and ‘Desmet’ will return the same results)
- hyphens (‘Anne-mie’ and ‘Annemie’ will return the same results)
- accents (‘André’ and ‘Andre’ will return the same results)
If you do not know the exact spelling of a name, use * as a wildcard.
A list of up to 90 persons that match your query will be displayed.
Use Advanced Search to find a person by
- a search term that sounds like his / her first name or surname
- his / her u-number or main staff number
- his / her telephone number
It is also possible to search for an administrative e-mail address by entering
- (the start of) the e-mail address itself
- (the start of) the ‘name’ of the administrative e-mail address
- * as a wildcard and the partial name or the partial e-mail address
For instance, the e-mail address “Centrale Vademecumcoördinatie” (firstname.lastname@example.org) can be found by entering either 'cvc' or 'Centrale' or '*vademec*'.
Visit Who’s Who – information and modifications to find out
- which information is shown
- who is responsible for maintaining and modifying which information