How to join KU Leuven?
The official request for a staff appointment
As an internationally oriented university, KU Leuven welcomes a large number of international staff members.
If you are interested in joining our staff, you first need to contact the faculty/department of your choice to discuss the options. There are several ways to do so:
- you can apply for one of the KU Leuven vacancies (for an overview, see the KU Leuven jobsite);
- you can be invited by a KU Leuven colleague to join his/her faculty/department;
- you can contact a KU Leuven staff member directly to explore the possibilities to join his/her entity.
Once a faculty/department agrees to offer you a position and/or to host you, that faculty/department needs to request your appointment as a staff member:
- If you applied for a vacancy, the appointment request is automatically initiated once you are selected for the job;
- If you did not apply for a vacancy, but did receive confirmation from a faculty/department that they are willing to host you, the faculty/department needs to contact the HR consultant for more information on how to initiate your appointment.
Once your staff appointment has been officially approved, you will receive an e-mail from the HR Department.
Students can find more information on the webpages of Student Services.